There is a ong tradition of bell ringing at St Peters. Prior to 1734 we only had four bells but in that year those bells were re-cast an d four new ones added. This work was undertaken by Abraham Rudhall of Gloucester, part of a family business of bell founders dating back to 1685.
The bells were re-hung in 1893 and again in 1928.
We have a collection of bell boards that commemorate special bell ringing occasions.